Thursday, December 19, 2013

I want, I want, I want

This Christmas season.... 6 days till Christmas.. It comes so fast.  This season I really wanted to make the lights around the house better, more shiny.. I have barely plugged them in.  I really wanted Taryn to feel this great excitement of the Christmas season; I have worked a lot.  I really wanted the house with the larger kitchen so we could have more people over; that is a prerequisite of having people over.?. I wanted to adopt three families we didn't adopt one.. I wanted to call my family members and tell them how much I love them and miss them...I wanted to show my clients and friends how much they mean to me by calling them, I have only called a few... I wanted my mind to be clear and just enjoy this season...my mind is so busy, so busy..  I have this vision of all these great things I can do for Christmas, for Christmas.. for people and I have fell so short. I am tired.. I wonder how many of us are really in the mindset, where we are just pumped to show and do all these things for our spouse, for our kids, for our families, for our friends, and actually do them in our spirit, just a I am this, from deep inside ourselves and not just another checklist of wants and what we shoulds...cause it just is the right thing to do... For 2014, the "I wants", I just want to truly come from my heart. I bet they would be a lot easier to accomplish then.. I bet it would be a lot more fun.  I bet it would be a lot more natural and people around me would notice...I bet I would have got most of them done...I bet I could accept the ones I hadn't got done....I had no idea how life could ever move this fast... and I know if we move forward and live with our heart we may not ever say, Christmas is stressing me out, trying to find gifts, trying to make my fam happy, trying to share, or just trying to get the house decorated so so nice.... Hopefully I am not the only one that's felt that way....I wonder if we can truly accept this Christmas for what most of us really really are; blessed, pumped that I can buy someone a gift, determined, content, sharing, motivating, energetic, happy, easy living.  And if its someone that may not feel that way, hopefully that friend that is can do the be the energy for you...You know really speaking frankly I hope I never say, I want, I want, I want again, it was never a great motivator; I am, I am, I am can be me and you.

I am a friend, I am blessed, I am an energetic Dad, I am a great family member, I am a giving husband, I am excited for each day. I am so thankful Jesus came for me and my family... I am a role model. I am strong.  I am stable.  I am thankful. I am generous.

I am, I am, I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment